Mar 7, 2010

Weber State Rodeo

I was reading in the school newspaper last week and saw that the Weber State Rodeo Team had a competition at the Golden Spike Arena in Ogden this past weekend and that students got in for $3.00. I though sweet fun, cheap date night. Well Mikey and Amy's kiddos were spending the weekend at Grandmas so they could have a anniversary getaway (Happy Anniversary guys!) so Grandma thought it would be fun to take everyone.
We got there kinda late because of my work schedule, so we did not have to pay, even better, but still got to see the calf roping, barrel racing, goat tying (this was a new event I had never seen before) and bull riding. It was a fun night and the kids really enjoyed their first rodeo. I can't wait for the Utah rodeo season to start this summer, we are getting so close. There are so many fun ones Pioneer Days, Cherry Days, Hooper Tomato Days, WoHoo!
Grandma with all the Smith Grandkids and Robert who is sporting his cowboy attire complete with cowboy boots!
Michaela, Abby and Me
I think Roscoe and Paula really like Uncle Zack!
Roscoe at the Rodeo, he told me "I want to ride a bull!"
Maybe Mikey and Amy will let him muttin bust!
GO WEBER STATE GREAT GREAT GREAT!

2 comments:

LA Adams said...

Way too fun! It's really fun to watch someone you know compete. Of course you come home with a knot in your stomach but it's still fun!

Jenelle said...

Rodeos + Grandma + favorite Aunt and Uncle= super memorable out of control weekend!