Aug 11, 2013

Update in pictures.

Life has been busy  with all the everyday stuff, work, church, chores, errands and all the little moments we love when we get to hang out together. We have had a great summer and survived the school year and are almost ready to start another one. I cannot  believe summer is almost over. Mom is not ready for it to be over yet. I have loved being home with Warren and being able to stay in our pjs all day if we want or going on little adventures together. Here are some collages of things we have  been up  to since last September.
*The collages are not necessarily in chronological order, sorry.
 
Some photos Krystal took for our would have been Christmas Card for 2012. Maybe next year, well I  guess it would be this year. I  might get them done and out if I start now.
 
 
Christmas in a nutshell. It was so much fun seeing Warren get excited. He got a slide for his room and loved it. He will still play with it almost 8 months later so I guess it was a good investment.
 

 
Easter with the Ludlow's.  I just love his facial expressions.
 
 
A random afternoon rainstorm and the fun that followed. These are the moments I love. 
Impromptu fun!
 

 
After the Priesthood session of General Conference. He got his own "banno" for his birthday because he loved playing Grandma's banjo. It is just a little kids guitar but he thinks it is the bees knees. Yes I just said bees knees.  

 
I cannot believe my little guy is already 2. We had a nice quiet day together and then celebrated with family  later. He loved having  his own  cupcake to devour.
 



Going to the park or playing outside is one of Warren's favorite activities. I think he would stay outside all day if I would let him.
 


 
Hiking up above Trapper's Loop. Warren was a trooper and walked for about 1/2 mile by himself without complaining.
 
 
 Visiting Golden Spike National Historical Landmark for the first time. When the trains blew their  whistles, Warren would  get scared.


 
Visiting Temple Square and City Creek with Great-Grandma Ludlow. Warren loved being so close to the temple. He loves temples and calls the church house a temple. I love that he already has a  love for temples. We had lunch at Johnny Rockets and it was so good. We loved the atmosphere in the restaurant. Our waiter was so good with Warren which is huge in our book.
 

At the end of June we were able to attend the Lore Family Reunion in Ashton Idaho where we assisted with Kipper Kamp. Kipper Kamp is a camp where families with children who have autism  are invited to come and enjoy themselves without judgment or worrying about costs. This was our first time and I loved it.  I ran a station the first night where  people could come and participate in  various science experiments. I am already looking forward to next year. We also were able to go to  Bear World and it was so much fun. Warren slept the first time we drove through the park but loved it when he was awake. We let  him sit up front with us and  he kept pointing and saying "Bear". He also loved the kiddy  amusement park rides. This little man is fearless and that  is scary for mommy. I am glad he had a good time even if he got a "boy wound" as my uncle calls them the night before we left. He was headed upstairs to our room and  ran face first into a door frame. He got  the biggest  goose egg right  between  his eyes and  still has a small mark today.  Doctors said he was okay, I  guess he just has a hard head. Lucky boy!
 

We had a very low key 4th of  July. We did not watch or light off any fireworks  this year. Getting Warren to bed at a reasonable  hour was more important to me.  We enjoyed the West  Point Parade then played  a little, went to a wedding reception and visited my grandma. We were home and  Warren  was  in bed by 8:30 so nice for mom and dad. 


I  made a summer 2013 bucket list and the Tracy Aviary was on that list. One Saturday we headed on down and had a great time. We even got to see the keepers switching out a flamingo egg with a  "dummy egg". The birds were going crazy when the people came in, it was so loud.


The trout farm was also on our bucket list. Warren loved the fish when they were in the water and even wanted to go swimming with the fish. When we caught them, that was  another story. He started screaming and running away. It was slightly funny to watch his reaction. 
.

These are some of our everyday moments that I treasure. Falling asleep in the car while folding his  arms, riding bikes at grandma's house and all over for that matter,  visiting great-grandma's , all four of Warren's are still alive lucky boy,  April Fool's dinner and playing all the time. 



This is just a small portion of our fall, spring and summer adventures. We have also spend our days at the zoo, the Treehouse Museum and  playing with cousins. Warren loves his cousins. Today when some of his cousins left he was saying, "there go my friends, bye friends"  it was adorable. I am so glad he is forming bonds early with his extended family. We still have a week and a half before I go back to work and we are planning on playing hard and enjoying the time. It is going to be a busy week, Zack's little brother returns from his mission Wednesday, our anniversary is Thursday and Zack turns 30 the Monday after that. So many fun things to look forward to.

2 comments:

AmyJane said...

I love all your pictures what a fun year! Warren is just packed full of fun and energy! We had so much fun with you guys at kipper kamp. We just went to city creek and we ate at Johnny rockets too! It was yummy and jasper was starving the waitress brought out some fries for him. You have such a wonderful family we love you guys so much!:)

Betsy said...

I'm glad you updated! Warren is so cute and lucky to have you as a mom! We need to do lunch or dinner! Love you!