Mar 27, 2016

Easter

I love Easter, there are so many fun traditions we have as a family but even more so I love reflecting on my Savior and His atonement and resurrection, and what that means for mankind.  We have some fun family traditions for Easter with my family and we were able to participate in them this year but we also were alone just our small family of three for Easter this year. We were spontaneous and created some amazing memories and started some new family traditions that I am eager and excited to continue in the future. We did not have a fancy dinner, I thought I would make one but we ended up not following through with it, maybe next year.

After church we found a park that overlooks the Logan Temple and we were able to take some pictures with the temple in the background. This did not come without some frustration and mini tantrums on my part, I need to work on that. But, looking back I love that Zack was patient with me and the situation and that we now have these photos.

Later that evening we decided to take Warren somewhere besides our house to have an Easter Egg Hunt. I wanted it just to be our little family and I wanted to have it somewhere besides our house. We started driving thought about a park, then decided against it and thought OH the canyon, we could stop at a campground and have the Easter Egg Hunt there. Then Warren fell asleep  in the canyon and we just kept driving.Once Warren woke up we were almost to Bear Lake so we thought why not have the Easter Egg hunt on the beach. Zack hid the eggs and a few small things while I tried to keep Warren from peeking in the car and then we let him find what was hidden.  It was an awesome experience!!! We all loved it, we had the beach to ourselves, and some of the eggs were hard to find because they blended in with the natural surroundings. It was cold, the wind was blowing, and Warren was in shorts since this was not planned, so we didn't stay long but we loved the time we had there. I think we will start having our Easter Egg Hunts in random places, that will be a new family tradition.

Logan has a tradition, I am not sure when or how  it started but, people fling or roll eggs down Old Main Hill at USU. I thought okay we are living in Logan right now so we might as well participate in the tradition. So on the way home from Bear Lake we stopped at Old Main and Warren threw his eggs down the hill. It was getting dark and we only brought a few eggs but it was an experience. There had been tons of people there earlier in the day as apparent by the mounds of egg cartons in the trash and egg shells scattered on Old Main. I don't understand the tradition but we can say we crossed it off our Cache Valley Bucket List. After rolling or flinging eggs off Old Main we walked around campus for a little bit as the sun set. It was gorgeous. I love that campus and want to start walking there on Sunday evenings.

Overall I would say our Easter was a success, we spend the week before Easter reading about Christ's last week and tried to read from the scriptures what he did each day before his death and resurrection.  I am looking forward to incorporating more of this next year to deepen our understanding of our Savior and His life, death and what it means to us personally. I am also excited to incorporate our new family traditions to strengthen our family relationships and make new memories.

My two favorite boys.

I love this smiley happy boy of mine.

Me and my eternal sweetheart.

He is getting so big so quickly.

Families are forever!

Daddy hiding eggs on the beach.

Starting to search for eggs. 

Even in the cold he was a good sport.




Dad helping Warren find a trickier egg that was hidden like pirate's treasure with an "x" marks the spot.





Family selfies

Getting ready to fling an egg down Old Main Hill.
Warren's Easter Basket that he has had since his first Easter when he was only four days old. We  put in a few pieces of candy, jerky (because he LOVES it,seriously) and a new sweater vest for church.

No comments: