We have been planning our California Vacation for so long. Zack's sister Jessica and her family planned to come to California for two weeks then Utah for a week and made lots of fun plans for us. We spent a week in California camping on the beach, swimming, snorkeling, visiting the Aquarium of the Pacific, playing with cousins, going to our first major league baseball game, visiting Sequoia National Park and so much more. We left Sunday night after a mix up with our rental car which resulted in us getting upgraded to a minivan which made the ride so much more enjoyable and comfortable. We waited in line for an hour and half and were "upgraded" for our wait but we think the upgrade ended up giving us a smaller SUV. After an hour and a half and leaving a few things at home we were packed and ready to go. We had three seats left and were going to meet Zack's parents in Hurricane to drop off some of our stuff for a more enjoyable ride. Then we noticed oops we were given a car with expired plates. So back to the rental car agency we went and we got a minivan. Now I am not a minivan person but I loved it! It had so much room for storage and we had plenty of room to have other people ride with us which was nice for Warren and Jessica who had every seat filled.
Well we arrived in Irvine, California after driving straight through from Utah. Zack was a champ and drove the whole way. I tried to stay up with him and did for all but a few hours. We got to Shane and Jessica's hotel about 5:30 in the morning and had breakfast then packed up and headed to Crystal Cove to see the tide pools. Warren accidentally picked up a hermit crab when he thought it was just a shell. He screamed and then decided he did not like nature anymore and wanted to go home. I know he was tired because he feel asleep about 10:30 then woke up about 3:30 when we left Baker, California and did not go back to sleep. Zack and I did not go all the way over to the cove because Warren was not too happy but we had a nice time and got to see lots of crabs, some sea slugs, and enjoyed our time.
 |
| Warren's first experience with the Pacific Ocean |
 |
| Me and my hubby, I had been awake for about 2 days at this point but we loved being together in such a beautiful spot. |
 |
| Such a beautiful spot. |
 |
| Cousins, kung fu, and the ocean |
 |
| I got to hold a hermit crab! |
 |
| Sea slug |
 |
| Cousins make the best friends. |
 |
| Warren holding a hermit crab! |
 |
| Warren got brave and held a hermit crab! Yay for overcoming your fears. |
 |
| Jessica, Me and Kate at Crystal Cove |
After we went to the tide pools we went to the airport to pick up Jared's friend and then went to have lunch at Rubio's. It is so good. I wish there was one near us. After Rubio's we started driving to Victoria Beach to see the Pirate Tower that is there. Warren zonked out and I was falling asleep myself but decided to walk down to the pirate tower. Oh that beach is beautiful! I would love to go back. There was a little pool that the tide would wash into and little kids or big ones could relax and swim in. The tower was on the other side of the pool and we made it there just in time for high tide. The waves were coming up pretty good and while Jessica and I were trying to get a picture a rogue wave came and got us good. It must have come up hit the wall behind us and came down over us like an umbrella. We were soaked, covered in sand and had just created a great memory. I was so glad I went down even though I was exhausted. Jessica went back later in the week and successfully got a picture and came back dry. Next time we visit California Victoria Beach is a must.

 |
| I would love to go back and swim here, ahh Victoria Beach |
 |
| The Pirate Tower |
 |
| Watching the waves just in case another big one comes again. |
 |
| On our way to the campground, all smiles even though some of us are all wet. |
 |
| Driving to set up camp and we couldn't find any towels in the car, they were all buried under everything else. oops |
 |
| Jessica and me drenched and covered in sand. |
 |
| Serenity after she also got hit by the wave. |
After an eventful visit to Pirate Tower we made our way to Doheny State Beach, set up camp, played in the sand and ocean, and finally showered and washed off all the sand from Pirate Tower. It was a wonderful first day full of lots of firsts for all of us, lots of fun, tons of memories and exhaustion.
No comments:
Post a Comment