Aug 16, 2016

Our California Adventure Day, Beach Time, Downtown Disney, Rubio's and An Angels Baseball Game

Day four was one of my favorite days and this vacation was awesome so that is saying a lot! We had no where to be in the morning so we literally got to sleep in and hang out on the beach all morning and into the afternoon. I woke up earlier than Zack and Warren and ended up sitting with Jessica and Kate on the beach watching the ocean and talking. It was a perfect morning. Zack cooked breakfast while I watched the kids play in the ocean and sat with Kate. We played in the waves and relaxed on the beach all until 2 or 3 that afternoon. The kids had a great time and so did the adults. We flew kites, lost my prescription glasses, played in the sand,  and talked. I can only describe this day as perfect. Warren and Emma held hands while jumping in the waves and it melted my heart. I don't think I will ever forget that image as long as I live. Emma came and swam with Serenity, Ashley, and Shane's brother David. It was quite the feet to jump the waves while holding Emma. I was trying to keep her out of the water and sometimes I could jump high enough to keep us both out of the water but usually not, hence the lost glasses. But, the lost glasses meant that Zack and I got to walk along the beach hand in hand looking for them, knowing we most likely wouldn't find them but that was a perk. I could have 100 days like day four and never tire of them. Beautiful day, so beautiful I didn't even take many pictures, I just enjoyed it. These photos I took from Jessica. Thanks Jess. 

It was so cute to see these cousins flying kites in the ocean and on the beach. Zack even let one all the way out while standing in the ocean, it was cool.


These two were adorable to watch. They held hands and jumped in the waves for at least a half hour,  not letting go of each other.


That same afternoon we went to Downtown Disney and walked around. Shane and Jessica had bought a brick 10 years earlier during the 50th anniversary and wanted to show it to their little kids. So we shopped while they looked at it. Warren loved the Lego store  and got to pick out some Legos and was in Heaven. He could have stayed there all day. After Downtown Disney we went to Rubio's for dinner, again. We were not complaining. It is so yummy, and Zack's parents and Robert and Ashley had not eaten there this trip so it was a good excuse to go again. Then we parked and headed over to the Angel's game. None of us had been to a major league baseball game before and we were excited. The Angels were playing the Boston Red Sox so I was looking forward to the game. We made it around the 4th inning and the score was 1-0 in favor of the Red Sox. Warren just wanted to catch a fly ball and be on the big screen. Not too much to ask for right?!?! Ahh as a mom I was hoping for at least one of his dreams to come true, so each and every time music came on I told him to dance. He did not end up on the big screen or catch a fly ball but seeing him dance and have a good time totally made the game for me. He had a great time. After the 7th inning stretch I was really relaxed, the kids were having a great time and I really, really started to enjoy myself. It had been fun before but it was awesome after. The game got good, and Warren got a hat for only $7, then Jake and Emma came back with matching hats so that required some pictures, and then Robert bought himself one. The game got really good in the bottom of the 9th when the Angels won! It was so exciting! I had never been at a game where it just ended  before the time ran out or everyone was out. After they won there were fireworks, lots of pictures and then we started making our way back to the cars. Our seats were great, we were on ground level just off of the foul pole on the first base side. We could see the plate and the action but far enough away that we didn't have to pay a ton, and we had the possibility of catching a fly ball.
Outside the Angel's stadium, everyone else took off so we just took a selfie.

They are the three Angel's Amigos

We were so close to the field.
I love his faces, not sure what he was doing, but it was funny.

Then Ashley noticed and did an awesome photo bombing.

Me and my  man, so shiny from the sunscreen and sweat.


Warren loves his Angel's hat


Grandma, Serenity, Me, and Jessica


It was getting late and Warren was tired, and really wanted to be on the big screen.

The Angel's won!!! 2-1





We got back to camp a little after 11 pm packed up pretty much everything but our tent in preparation to leave early Friday morning for Sequoia National Park. We were going to drive there and  hope to get a campsite then explore the park with the Brunson Family Saturday.

No comments: